MSI GS30 Shadow 13.3″ Ultrabook is a regular laptop with regular specs:
Just Laptop Specs:
- Processor: Intel 4th Gen Core i7
- Memory Type: DDR3L, up to 1600MHz, Max 16GB
- Graphics: Intel Iris Pro
- LED Backlight Display: 13.3-inch , support up to 2560×1440 , Wide view angle, Anti-glare
- Hard Disk Capacity: M.2 SSDx2 with Super Raid
- Keyboard: Backlight Keyboard
- USB 3.0/2.0: 2/0
- Card Reader: SD(XC/HC) /MMC
- Video output: HDMI 1.4b
- Audio I/O: Mic-in/Headphone out
- LAN/WiFi: Giga LAN/ Intel 802.11ac
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth v4.0
- Webcam: HD type ([email protected])
- Battery: Built in 4-Cell Li-Ion
- Power Adapter: 65W
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 320 x 227.3 x 19.8mm
- Weight : 1.3 Kg (w/ Battery)
- Operating System: Windows 8.1
The concept is to have a dektop graphics card attched to your latop externally so, you can take advantage of the lightwight and thinness of the laptop when you don’t need the performance but, when you need to game you can attch your laptop to the dock and sit in one place.
The dock which is included is a really big and looks like a box. The box will give you a PCi Express 16x slot with a 450watt power supply to mount your graphic card. MSI says that all MSI cards will work and most reference cards (up to GTX Titan Black or R9290X). The front panel which you take off to get access the graphics card has two big speckers inside them. The dock also has a fan and more io on the side (4 more usb, one lan, audio jacks and a power button). The laptop connects to the dock via a PCi Express 16x slot to give you full link speed.
As for now you do have to shutdown your laptop before unpluging for pluging in the dock.
$2,000 with dock!
Check you this video from LinusTechTips!